Sunday, December 21, 2008

Pondering...

Am I am bad mom if I don't have a big birthday party for my 2 year olds? I have been contemplating for a while what to do for the boys 2nd birthday. Since we really don't know anyone here yet and I hate to make people feel "obligated" to go to yet another birthday of a child who they don't know really I am just really torn of not having one. I was thinking of just having birthday cake with mommy and daddy and asking the neighbors if they wanted to come for cake. That way they wouldn't feel it was a birthday party and feel the need to bring something. Ooo...I hate this kind of stuff. I LOVE to have people over and stuff. I am just WAY out of practice since having the boys and would rather spend the cold (going to be down to 4 degrees tonight!) day at home with all my boys enjoying family time. We seem to have so little of that this last year and it will just be nice to just enjoy the time together instead. Then have some cake and ice cream and enjoy time with the new friends we are making here. Ahh...sounds good to me...think I have pretty much talked myself into it. Gee I love my blog sometimes...if for nothing else than just to talk stuff out in my own head!

Still not ready for Christmas. I don't think I am ever going to be ready to be honest. I think I have become a huge procrastinator on some levels and then I just run out of time on other levels. Then it becomes a cycle. I will say I haven't stressed out this holiday season. :) I think us all being sick so much these last few months has kind of helped. I just am so tired I don't care. Ha! But to be honest I would rather have the stress than being sick! We will play catch up this week and get everything done...we always do. Well, this year may be a little late for some things but I am sure they will understand. We are getting a little better each year as the boys become a little more self-sufficient. Learning to do everything again with toddlers has been interesting. But each day we get a little better.

Oh! Can I just say that Noah has been more himself the last 3 days than he has in weeks! I am SO THANKFUL!!!!!!!! I can't believe how much has changed in just 3 days. So I am guessing the ear thing has some merit to it. He has talked more, laughed and played more than he has in the past 2 months I think. I am just amazed. He is back to laughing and bringing books to you to read and wanting to actually play more. Whew...I feel oh so much better! Thank you to the very nice doctor who listened to us and actually did something to help instead of telling me it is a twin thing.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

I'm glad that Noah is feeling so much better! I don't think the boys care whether you have a party or not--so why bother? When they get older, they'll insist. You won't be able to escape!!

4 Twin Boys and a Princess said...

We didn't have a party for our boys SEVENTH birthday this year, nor for their 2nd birthday. It was a rat race, and they were already overtired from the family parties. This year (their 7th), we took them and Caitlin to the Aquarium and to the IMAX theater in Houston, then we had a family celebration with a big cookie that they "helped" me make and decorate. They didn't seem too unhappy that they wouldn't have a classmate party. Also, they are both starting to have different friends, and with them in different classes, I just can't invite the WHOLE STINKIN' CLASS... I remember that Cody and Cory started having different parties in 3rd grade, but we would do a sleepover and a small pizza party with each inviting 2 friends over. That way, we had an even number total of friends including the boys, and it always worked out. I am glad that you aren't stressing over the holidays. I LOVE Christmas up north, and reveled in it all the time! Just relax, cuz the boys grow so fast! Glad that Noah is rockin' right along, too! Merry Christmas! Janell :)

Controlling My Chaos said...

Let yourself off the hook for the birthday party thing. They're only two and they won't even notice. Enjoy the day with your family. Before you know it, the boys will be telling you what kind of party they want and you will long for these days.

Nola1130 said...

Don't worry about it. They will now know the difference. They will be just as happy to spend some family time with you and hubby. Since you guys were not handy for my little one's b'day, we just had a family affair. Over the next two weeks, we were invited to two other 2 year old bday parties - one at a Kid Gym and one at a place called "pump it up" (a place entirely filled with blow up jump houses). All the little one's had fun at these get togethers but 1) kiddos seem to have fun at all they do and 2) the parents just seemed frazzled. Do something fun, call it their B'day celebration, take a few phots and be happy....and they will be happy!

Merry Christmas. Hugs to you and the boys.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...