Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My favorite...


little guys. They are just the apples of my eye and continue to amaze me. It was raining this morning pretty hard when I went in to get the boys up and dressed. Cameron listened for a minute and then said "rain." I didn't even realize he knew what rain meant! I guess I never give them enough credit. They never cease to amaze me.

I need to start thinking about what to do for the boy's second birthday. I was thinking of doing puppies and bears since that seams to be the only thing they are really attached to. Their birthday is the day after Christmas but I am not doing the party until January and haven't decided on the exact date just yet. I will probably opt for mid-January since I don't want to do it too close to New Year's and then the following week we have their 2 year check-up so want them to be happy since I have no idea how many shots they will get that day (we are behind so playing catch up). So, if you have any good suggestions let me know, always open to ideas! :)

Our teacher today at class and I were talking about sleeping. Her 3 year old is dropping his nap and having a hard time adjusting. I have a great book I highly recommend to anyone, Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Marc Weissbluth. As with any book you need to just take what works for you and do it. I found this one to be the most helpful out of any of the books I read. Mine were not big nappers when they were little. I mean, they took like 30 minute naps twice a day...not fun for me. But when they hit about a year old it all turned around. Very strange but I am so very thankful! Since they went to 1 nap a day earlier than most kiddos I often wonder if they will drop their nap earlier as well. Guess I'll find out in the next year! ;)

Still plugging away on Christmas. I must say I am doing much better at not stressing and just enjoying the holidays this year. Makes a HUGE difference on the enjoyment factor! It also helps that the boys are such happy kiddos and easy to please for the most part. I was thinking last night at how much I love to hear them laugh. They have these belly laughs that you can't help but smile when you hear. And of course I have to tickle them at least once a day just to hear it. They love to be tickled which cracks me up. Cameron will walk up and say "tickle" when he wants to be tickled. And Noah of course wants to be tickled several times a day. I was so ticklish as a child. I can remember being held down and tickled and can't say I enjoyed it. So I find it very funny they like it...hope they always do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lukey dropped all naps at 22 months so I understand you hating the thought of dropping them! I had to just start putting him to bed earlier to accomodate and he is almost 4 and we still are having him go to bed between 7-8 pm to make sure he gets enough sleep for school the next day. The last time he napped was June!!!

Mel @ Studio MCA Designs said...

I love that first photo by the tree. Great job on your part with that one!

So glad that you are enjoying Christmas. Sometimes I wish that we could move away, and be a little further from family. While this should be about enjoying family and relationships, I have to admit that it is family (particularly his) that are making it insane for us.

Regarding your boys loving to be tickled. I think that boys thrive on that physical touch. The rougher the better. My boy gets his love tank filled when Daddy comes home and wrestles with him. Now my daughter's boyfriend has started having wrestling matches with him, and I am amazed at how this has formed a bond between them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...