Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Getting ready...

I am so not ready for tomorrow. Well, I am but I'm not. I am just nervous and excited. Strange mix of emotions.

I spent most of my evening working on some stuff for the trip. Then Noah decided he wanted to wake up at 11 last night so that threw a kink into things. But he didn't stay up too, too long and I wasn't able to finish up just not after they went down for their nap. Now I have one more thing checked off my list and need to get a few more done while they are napping. This all kind of snuck up on me. First time I have had to "prepare" to be away. Wow...it's a lot of work!

I, like many others out there, LOVE Ali Edwards. She is just amazing to me. I love what she does and how creative she can be. I am seriously planning on doing this project when I get back next week. I didn't do it last week because I knew it would be a crazy week and this week obviously is not a "normal" one for us. So next week it is! I am really looking forward to it and I love the format she is using. What a cool project.

I love this time of year. It is so pretty and wonderful. I think Fall is my favorite time hands down. I love Spring too but Fall for me just is magical. Maybe it is because the holidays are rolling in. Who knows...but I just love it. The colors this year here don't seem to be as vibrant as I expected. I think a lot of that has to do with lack of rain. So strange, when we first moved here it was flooding. Then as the summer rolled in it hardly rained at all. Strange summer for me. But I hear it is going to be a very cold winter so we will see how I survive my first winter here! Looking forward to the snow and playing with the boys. I think I may have more fun than they do! Mommy may be the one who doesn't want to go inside. ;)

Still plugging away at the unpacking. I am beginning to wonder if I will ever be finished with it. I have yet to hang pictures but plan to when I return from my trip. I was going to this week but just haven't totally decided what I am putting where. I am going to be moving some decor around from the last house and not sure until I get it all unpacked where it will be going. So a little more time unpacking and I will be ready to hang away. Not to mention I am still on the fence as to if I want to keep the stuff we had in our bedroom or move it to the guest room and start over in our room. Love the colors and all but my guest room is in need of some serious TLC.

Okay, off to cross a few more things off the list while the boys are napping. Woo-hoo!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...