Monday, July 6, 2009

Scurvy pirates and a rant

So what do you do with a scurvy pirate? Make him walk the plank! Cameron is going around singing this little tune from Backyardigans. Pretty darn cute is all I can say about that one and I wish I had the video handy while he was doing it but no such luck.

They are refusing to nap today. I guess this is coming back again now. Second time in just a few days with no nap. Grrr. And I thought we were okay with the napping thing as they have been doing so well this last month or so. Oh well, another curve ball right at me.

The rant. Well, how would you like to take a 10 hour car ride with two 2.5 year olds, twice mind you so total of 20 hours, in just a five day time period with no DVD entertainment? Well, hubby informed me he rented the van but wasn't sure if they were going to be able to get one with a DVD player. My reaction...we need to know one way or the other now so we can either go and buy a DVD player or find a company that has a van with one. He wasn't happy about this decision. So, let's see...would you like to be the one to entertain them for this trip with singing and such...for more than 10 hours? It's a 10 hour trip mind you. With two 2.5 year olds I am gussing more like 12-13 hours. And guess who does the majority of sining in this house besides the kiddos??????? You do the math.

Maybe I am a little freakishly organized and routine when it comes to my kids but you know what, I have to be. I don't have the luxury of picking up a kid and going. They out number me and until they learn how to be a wee bit more self-sufficient then what I feel is right for them goes. I spend 24/7 with them and although I am not saying that everything I do is right, what I do with and for them works. So my way it is. To keep my sanity. I am oh so close to losing that, if I didn't already.

Good news...I was able to access the EHD today! Needless to say as soon as I finish this post I will be setting it up to backup on another EHD so I at least have 2 with the same thing until I can get everything burned to CDs and downloaded to a photo site. There is that freakishly organzied and anal person again, rearing her ugly head. Ha!!!!!!!

And here were my little cutie patooties at the parade on Saturday. Of course Puppy must accompany us as well. :)

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I can understand your frustration! We didn't ever travel with the kids at that age because it was before the era of DVD players--and we were terrified!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...