Monday, July 27, 2009

Roller coasters

That is what I feel like I am on. A huge roller coaster at times. This last week was tough. No other way to put it. The boys were way out of sorts and just cranky. So of course I was cranky. The beginning of the week was horrible. Just plain horrible. It did get better. The weekend was a little tough but we survived. I am still scratching my head trying to figure out what in the world is going on with them. Noah won't sleep for anything again. There is always something going on when he does this. And it always seems to take me a while to figure it out. Haven't so far. Can't see any new teeth. He is eating well and acting fine other than antagonizing his brother half the day.

I am beginning to wonder if I need to really find a way to spend some serious one on one time with them each week. The tough part about that is I can't seem to leave one and not the other or maybe I should say to take one and not the other. The one left behind usually throws a fit. Cameron is also going through some serious separation anxiety issues at the moment. So what's a mom to do?

We went to the fair this morning. Just a smaller local one. They had a ball but of course Noah was really ready to go just a little ways into it while Cameron was NOT wanting to leave and started to throw a fit. It is just becoming increasingly difficult to find the balance between the two. I know we will get there but I want what is best for both of my children and myself and at the moment it has been very difficult to find a happy medium for everyone involved. Daddy included.

So back to the fair. The boys got to pet baby chicks, a goat, pigs, cows, sheep, and llamas. It was very interesting for me too seeing as I am a "city girl" and haven't really ever been around animals myself. I think the boys are much more brave than I am when it comes to touching the animals. It didn't help they had signs all over the place saying the animals may bite. That kind of freaked me out. And of course Cameron has no fear so just walks right in and jams his hand in their faces. To be 2.5 years old again! Noah loved it and we could tell by his squeals (literally) of delight. He was very gentle with all the animals. We have actually if often wondered aloud if he would grow up to be a vet. I guess only time will tell.

2 comments:

Nola1130 said...

I love their faces. Pure joy.

Sorry you had a tough week.

Cathy

Margaret said...

I don't like tough weeks and not being able to figure out what's going on with the kids. I wish I could tell you that changes...Hang in there, sweetie!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...