Saturday, November 27, 2010

Ch-ch-changes...

Ah, the changes are beginning. I am excited.  As I had mentioned before I am planning on doing some changing up of the good old blog.  So I came across a great little article over on Amanda's blog and had to do a few of the things she recommends.  I have wanted to add the little links at the botton of posts for a LONG time but just never knew how.  She makes it so easy when she explains things!  I have been a fan of her blog for a very long time now.  And her fonts are always so much fun! 

And she has also been my inspiration to get on the ball and lose some weight (more to come on that in the following months).  The sad part for me was I actually did what she recommends and it works.  I lost about 13 pounds (even during the holidays last year!) and then we found out we were moving.  Guess what, I gained all of that back and then some during this move!  So now I am motivated even more because I know it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I spent today working on getting the bonus room cleaned out to turn it into a playroom for the boys.  I have struggled with this since we moved in.  Do I try and make it their playroom AND my craft room?  Just leave it as an office/craft room and turn the dining room into a playroom?  What to do, what to do?  I finally was struck that it needs to be a playroom and I will just have to move my crafty stuff into our bedroom for a while.  I wonder if anyone out there in bloggy land has done this and made it look like just part of the bedroom and not so obvious?  Must do some research!  But for now I am just moving out everything that doesn't belong there and getting their room finished.  They need it, they deserve it.  Plus I need to find somewhere for one of the couches from the living room so we can put up our tree tomorrow and still be able to walk around the place.  ;)

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Feel you on the reorganizing the rooms, we've been thinking of the same thing. Chris requested Sam move in with him, and we're thinking of letting him, and making the other bedroom a toyroom. And our closet in the new house ended up so big, I'm gettin a craft room in the closet. You'll have to come visit, and we'll hole up there for a while, and get Crafty. I miss you, but I'm so glad you're getting your groove back. :)

Margaret said...

They sound like good changes--but a lot of work! What is the "diet" like? I guess you don't have another room that can be a craft room. That's a shame; that would make it much easier!

LauraC said...

In the new house, I set up the second floor bonus as my office and a playroom. Now I can happily sit at my desk on the computer while the boys play. They will play so much longer in there with me sitting there, even if I am not paying attention to them.

PS. The libraries here all take magazines too! And having just moved, I feel your pain at moving with kids and how BUSY it is!!

Amanda said...

The changes are looking great so far!! Thanks so much for the sweet shout out. Hope you have a wonderful holiday!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...