Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday at last...

Our fun festivities today...

I feel like I have been neglecting both this and my project 365 blogs lately. Although I am posting daily on my other I am not publishing them at the moment simply because I am not having the time to download and go through all the photos. Eeek! And I can only see this getting worse with the holidays quickly approaching.

I have decided to separate the boys and give them each their own rooms. I am thinking this will help with several of the going to bed issues we have been having lately. Also, I realized they are around at least one other person literally 24/7. That has to be tough. They don't have their own space or anywhere to just go when they want to be alone. I have found them both heading upstairs when they just need a few minutes to themselves. Or Cameron will go in another room and if you go in to check on him he tells you to leave (working on him learning to do this politely I might add). I just really think it's time. I have even asked them and they both say yes, they want their own room. However, I am not so sure they understand what this means. It's not like I have oodles of time to make this happen before the holidays so I guess I have more time to ponder how to do this the best way. Thankfully we are blessed with a house large enough to be able to do this for them...so I feel it needs to happen and the sooner the better in my eyes.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

There will be pluses and minuses to separate rooms, but if they want them, it seems like the best thing!

LauraC said...

Hey Lee Anne, I got your comment about taking better pics on my blog but I don't have your email so I'm responding here.

For me, there are two ways I take pics. I take some pics to commemorate events and mostly I don't worry about how great they look! For example, I have some crappy pics of my boys with their haul of loot from Halloween but composition, lighting, etc is bad. But I want to have those pics for posterity.

Then I have the pics I take where I truly try to make them good. In those cases, I turn off the flash, get up close, and snap snap snap. I will generally have 50-100 shots for every "good" one on my blog. I think the more you take, the more you learn about what kinds of photos you like.

Now that I have more time, I've started to focus on the technical aspects of photography. And have taken the time to learn photo editing.

All very exciting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...