Monday, July 26, 2010

To school or not to school?

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein

I love this quote. I have really been struggling these last several months about what to do concerning preschool for the boys. You read and hear so many mixed things. I think the boys benefit from the social aspect so I do feel they should go a few days a week. But I also feel I should be teaching them more at home. They thrive off routine and if I could just figure out a good routine and find some great "teaching" activities I think we would be okay. I would also be lying if I didn't admit the few hours a week to get a few things accomplished sans kids is a wonderful thing too. ;)

Here lately the thought of how different life would be with only one child at a time has crossed my mind often. I hate when I get in those sorts of moods. I LOVE being a twin mom and wouldn't trade it for anything (well, most days that is). Don't get me wrong. I just find myself from time to time thinking of all the fun things I could have done with them if they were born at different times. Like the a few days last week when Cameron wanted to go to the pool swimming but Noah didn't. What do you do? It's 100 degrees out so it's not like I can tell Noah that he can just play by the pool then if he doesn't feel like swimming. It is usually Cameron that wants to do something and Noah doesn't. Sometimes I push and have him tag along anyway but I find myself more often giving in and feel that Cameron is losing out.

But then I always try to think about all the fun things we get to do because they were born at the same time. And it has been amazing to experience the world through their eyes at the same time. They both see such different aspects of things. So I am blessed beyond belief to have them. Just having a hard time finding a balance because of how extremely different they are. Even just their energy levels! Noah tires so much more easily while Cameron just can't seem to burn off enough energy.

I guess it's things like this that make me think they would do better in an actual preschool. Before we found out we were having twins I had this crazy idea in my head of homeschooling. I haven't totally given up on the idea but I am just not certain I can really meet their needs. Am I crazy?

1 comment:

Margaret said...

It is healthy and good for kids to experience life outside the home--other adults, other routines, etc...It makes them more adaptable and flexible. (in my opinion)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...